The company Foil and Co, registered under n°822822 615 R. C.S. BREST, attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and carefully monitors compliance with the protective provisions relating to privacy and the processing of personal data, in particular the European Regulation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (EU Regulation 2016/679 of 26 April 2016), the law of 6 January 1978 known as the “Data Protection Act” as amended in 2018, as well as the recommendations emanating from the CNIL (hereinafter the “Legislation in force”).
The purpose of this personal data protection charter (hereinafter the “Charter”) is to describe how and when Foil and Co, as data controller, collects, uses and communicates certain personal data (hereinafter the “Data”) that you send to us in order to meet your needs but also to optimize and improve the quality of the services we offer you.
I. IN WHAT CASES DOES THIS CHARTER APPLY?
This Charter informs you on the methods of collection, treatment and use of your Data when :
- You are visiting one of the Foil and Co websites
- You buy items on one of the Foil and Co stores
- You subscribe to one of the newsletters of Foil and Co and its personalized contents
- You contact our customer service
- You participate in our contests
II. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED BY FOIL AND CO?
This is all the information you send directly to us.
You provide us with Data including:
- when you register on one of the Foil and Co sites by filling out various forms related to your account or by uploading data
- when you buy an item on one of the Foil and Co stores
- when you participate in a contest
- when you complete a Foil and Co questionnaire
- when you contact our customer relations department.
This information may contain, for example:
- your name(s) and surname(s)
- your date of birth,
- your gender,
- your mailing address,
- your e-mail address,
- your telephone number(s),
- your means of payment,
- your purchase history
You may choose not to provide us with certain information; however, this decision may deprive you of some of the services and features we offer. Information that is essential to the provision of our services and features is identified by an asterisk on our collection forms.
A. DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
During your navigation on one of our sites, Foil And Co is likely to collect, in the strict respect of the Legislation in force and of your rights, data relating to:
- the characteristics of the operating system, browser or devices (computer, tablet, smartphone) that you use to access our services;
- to your location such as your IP address;
- your browsing habits and your interactions with the content of the Site, such as the pages you visit, the search terms you use, the frequency of your visits to the Site, the advertisements you click on.
Browsing data is collected in particular by means of cookies.
B. DATA FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also collect data through third parties, including social networks, when you use your account with those third parties to register or log in to our services. When you use this service, you will be informed of the data that the third party in question sends to us.
We use, store and process your data to process your requests, manage our business relationship, optimize our services and tools to create and maintain a more secure and trustworthy environment, and to comply with our legal obligations as specified below.
III. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR?
Your personal data is used for :
A. TO PERFORM THE CONTRACTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN US
We use your data to manage your order and the execution of the various services related to it.
Your data will be used to collect your payments and to inform you by SMS, email or any other means of communication on the execution of the contract between us.
In the course of our business, we may use business partners to provide certain services on our behalf.
However, our business partners may not use your data for any purpose other than to perform the services you have requested. Finally, they are obliged to treat them in strict compliance with the legislation in force.
B. PROVIDING YOU WITH ACCESS TO THE SITE AND CERTAIN SERVICES
The data you provide allows us to identify you in order to access your Customer Area, access to which is reserved to authenticated persons.
C. SEND YOU OUR FOIL AND CO NEWS AND PERSONALIZED CONTENT
If, at the time of purchasing a product, creating your account on one of the sites or subsequently, you have checked the box or filled out the form that allows you to receive Foil and Co news and personalized content, then we may use your data to communicate to you, according to your preferences (including by email, SMS, telephone or postal mail):
- information about one of the sites;
- invitations to Foil and Co events that may be of interest to you;
- information about our offers;
- information about updates to the Charter or security measures.
You can, at any time, object to commercial communications from Foil and Co (i) by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out procedure set forth in such communications, or (ii) by contacting us as described in Section 6 below.
We may also use your data to send you advertising messages that may be of interest to you on third party sites or social networking platforms. For more information on this subject, we invite you to read the conditions relating to the use of your data directly on these sites and/or third-party platforms.
D. FOR PROFILING PURPOSES
We may also process your data for profiling purposes.
Profiling consists of automated processing of your data in order to analyze, anticipate and evaluate your interests and preferences in order to send you personalized content and commercial offers adapted to your specific needs.
Foil and Co will only share your data with third party service providers to determine your profile and preferences with greater accuracy and thus send you more relevant Foil and Co content. In no case, the company Foil and Co will not communicate your data to commercial partners.
You may, at any time, object to the use of your data for profiling purposes by contacting us in the manner described in the article on the categories of recipients of your data.
E. OPTIMIZING THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES
We use your data for research, technical testing (including anonymization of your data), deduplication, which allows us to improve and optimize the site and to customize our tools and services. For example, it will ensure that the display of our various contents is adapted to the terminal you are using, or allow us to host your data on even more secure servers, etc.
F. HANDLING YOUR CLAIMS
When you contact our customer relations department by telephone, via the contact form available on one of the sites or via any other means made available to you by Foil and Co (social networks, chat, etc.), we use your data to :
- respond to you and provide a solution to your complaint;
- ensure and manage the follow-up of your claim;
- improve customer service.
G. FOR INTERNAL STATISTICAL AND SURVEY PURPOSES
We may use your data to conduct various statistical studies and/or solicit you to participate in our own surveys.
H. ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW AND COURT DECISIONS
Your data may be used to:
- respond to a request from an administrative or judicial authority, a representative of the law, a court officer or comply with a court order;
- ensure compliance with our general terms and conditions of sale and the Charter;
- to protect our rights and/or obtain compensation for damages that we may suffer or limit the consequences thereof;
- prevent any action contrary to the laws in force, in particular within the framework of the prevention of the risks of fraud.
I. MANAGING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN CONTESTS
When you participate in a contest, you provide us with a certain amount of information. They are essential to the consideration of your participation, and if necessary, to the delivery of the prize.
Furthermore, with your prior and express consent, we may use this data to send you Foil and Co news (product information and promotional offers) and personalized content.
IV. WHICH COOKIES ARE USED BY FOIL AND CO?
A. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
When you use one of its sites, Foil and Co may place a file called a “cookie” on your terminal (e.g. computer, tablet), thanks to your browser. It allows, during its recording period, to identify your computer during your next visits. Thus, each time you visit one of the sites, data from your previous visit may be retained.
B. WHICH COOKIES ARE USED BY FOIL AND CO?
The Foil and Co group uses, in particular, the cookies listed in the appendix of the present document.
C. COOKIES REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE REQUESTED SERVICES
- cookies “session identifiers to your Customer Area”;
- shopping cart” cookies;
- authentication cookies;
- load balancing session cookies;
- persistent user interface personalization cookies;
- audience measurement analysis cookies (“statistical cookies”).
The data collected by statistical cookies is not cross-referenced with other processing (or previously anonymized) and is only used to produce anonymous statistics.
These cookies do not allow us to track your navigation to other sites, nor do they allow us to geolocate you precisely.
You can simply object to cookies, including statistical cookies (see “Disabling Cookies” below).
D. TRACKING AND PERSONALIZATION COOKIES
Some cookies allow us to analyze, optimize and personalize your navigation on the site. They may also allow automated processing operations to be carried out on your Data in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in Article 4.3. These are only installed with your prior and express consent.
V. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
In general, your data is kept only as long as necessary to carry out the operations for which it was collected.
Here are the different retention periods of the data collected by Foil and Co:
- the data transmitted directly to us as detailed in article 2.1 are kept for the time necessary for the purpose of their processing;
- the navigation data are kept for a maximum of 13 months;
- Data relating to prospects are kept for a maximum of 3 years from the last contact you have initiated with Foil and Co;
- the data relating to the identity documents that you send us when you exercise your right of access or rectification are kept for a maximum period of 12 months;
- the information allowing to take into account the rights of the persons concerned to oppose to receive commercial prospecting is kept for a maximum period of 3 years as from the exercise of this right.
We may also delete your data upon your request.
However, at the end of the above-mentioned periods, including your request for deletion, your data may be retained in order to meet our legal, accounting and tax obligations (e.g.: obligation to retain invoices for 10 years in accordance with Article L.123-22 of the French Commercial Code) and/or during the applicable statute of limitations and/or in the event of litigation for the duration of the said proceedings.
VI. WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA?
We may share your data with various third parties, including:
- with our affiliated entities in order to provide you with the requested services or acting as a subcontractor in accordance with applicable law;
- our business partners, suppliers and/or subcontractors who process your data on our behalf, according to our instructions, for the purposes detailed in article 2 (in particular transport companies, insurance companies, customs authorities, receptive service providers, financial institutions, technical subcontractors, etc.) We take particular care to ensure that these third parties provide sufficient guarantees to ensure the protection and security of your data;
- to duly authorized French or foreign authorities, in particular in the context of a legal action or a request for communication of information.
VII. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS IS YOUR DATA PROCESSED?
In accordance with the legislation in force, we rely on various legal bases to process your data, including
- your prior and express consent to the processing of your data for one of the purposes referred to in Article 3 ;
- the execution of the contract between us;
- the need to comply with a legal obligation or to defend ourselves in the event of legal proceedings;
- the achievement of the legitimate interest that Foil and Co pursues;
- the safeguarding of your vital interest.
VIII. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
A. YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, DELETION AND OPPOSITION
You are able to ask us to access, correct, update or delete your personal information.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
B. THE RIGHT TO PORTABILITY OF YOUR DATA
The right to portability offers you the possibility of recovering part of your data, namely:
- the data that you have transmitted directly to us as detailed in article 2;
- data generated by your activities on the site as detailed in article 2.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, in any event, within the time limits set by the applicable legislation.
C. SETTING GUIDELINES FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DATA
You have the right to define general or specific directives relating to the conservation, deletion and communication of your post-mortem data.
To exercise all these rights, you must send a letter to the following address Company FOIL AND CO, 29450 LE TREHOU, FRANCE with a copy of your identity card.
At any time, if you feel that your rights have not been respected, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Foil and Co whose contact details are Company FOIL AND CO, 29450 LE TREHOU, FRANCE.
You may, at any time, file a complaint with the competent control authority (in France, the CNIL: www.cnil.fr ).
IX. IS YOUR DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
We may transfer your data to countries outside the European Union for the purposes described in this Policy.
For each of these transfers, we ensure that your data benefits from a level of protection equivalent to that offered in Europe.
Transfers are made only to countries that are recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection by the European Commission.
In the event that data is transferred to a country that does not offer an adequate level of protection, Foil and Co and its partners or service providers undertake to frame the transfer by means of appropriate guarantees (such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses) which you can request from the DPO’s address indicated above.
X. PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA BY FOIL AND CO
Foil and Co undertakes to guarantee the integrity and reliability of the data entrusted to it, in particular by taking all the physical, organizational and logistical measures necessary to prevent any alteration or destruction of the said data, in particular by ensuring secure access only to persons authorized to process them.
XI. REVISION OF THE CHARTER
Foil and Co may have to modify this charter, in particular, if the legislation in force evolves. Any changes will be posted on this page.
XII. HOW TO BLOCK COOKIES?
You can either accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies. If you refuse all or part of the cookies, some features of the Site may be compromised or some pages may be inaccessible.
XIII. TO DISABLE COOKIES:
A. IF YOU ARE USING INTERNET EXPLORER 11. AND FOLLOWING :
- Go to “Tools” in the menu bar and click on “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab at the top
- Drag the slider up to the “Block All Cookies” setting to block all cookies, or down to the “Accept All Cookies” setting to accept all cookies.
For more information, visit http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
B. IF YOU ARE USING FIREFOX 72. AND FOLLOWING :
- Click on the “menu” button and select “Options”.
- Select the “Privacy” panel.
- In the History area, for the “Retention Rules” option, select “use custom settings for history”.
- Check the “Accept Cookies” box to enable cookies, or uncheck it to disable them. If you have problems with cookies, make sure that the “Accept third-party cookies” option is not set to Never.
- Choose how long cookies can be kept.
– Keep them until : “Their expiration”: Each cookie will be deleted on its expiration date, which is set by the cookie issuing site.
– Keep them until : “Closing Firefox”: the cookies stored on your computer will be deleted when you close Firefox.
– Keep them until : “Ask me every time”: a warning is displayed every time a website wants to send a cookie, asking you if you agree to save the cookie or not.
- Click on OK to close the “Options” window
For more information, visit https://support.mozilla.org/fr/products/firefox/privacy-and-security/cookies
C. IF YOU USE GOOGLE CHROME :
- Go to the “Tools” menu
- Click on “Settings
- Click on “Advanced Settings
- Click on “Privacy/Content Settings
- “Cookies” must be selected. Then select “Block cookies and data from third party sites”.
For more information, visit https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
D. IF YOU ARE USING SAFARI 14.0 :
- Choose Safari > Preferences and click on “Security”.
- In the “Accept Cookies” section, specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. To see an explanation of the options, click
on the help button (looks like a question mark). If you have set Safari to block cookies, you may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Repeat the above steps, selecting “Always”. When you are finished with the page, disable cookies again and delete the cookies from the page.
For more information, visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677?viewlocale=fr_FR
If you have a different type or version of browser, you are invited to consult the “Help” menu of your browser.
The action resulting from the defect of conformity is prescribed by two years as from the delivery of the good.
The action resulting from redhibitory defects must be brought by the purchaser within two years from the discovery of the defect